Thursday, July 19, 2007

Countdown to Potter

Who out there is going to be spending their weekend reading the new Harry Potter book? Because I read so much, and buy so many books, my rule is that I wait to buy a book until it comes out in paperback. I have the first five HP books in paper, but I was given a copy of the sixth in hard cover. Since the set is broken I think that gives me the allowance to buy the Deathly Hallows the moment it comes out. Of course, that means cruising around at midnight tomorrow to make sure I get a copy. Which could be a problem since I'm planning a long run Saturday morning and sleep is essential. Maybe I'll take my chances and wait until after the run to buy the book. I really want to read it before everyone is talking about what happened to who when and where. I read the first couple before the series was popular and managed to avoid spoilers in the later books but I think the plot will be everywhere by Saturday.

Olivia and I had a great run last night. We had to slightly change our normal route because of the trail closure. We ran on the neighborhood streets and looked at all the cute houses. We ran fast on the streets, then fast on the trail, then turned around to return and were tuckered out. We finished with 3.5 miles, all run quickly. We're thinking of running from the other end of the trail so that we miss the construction zone and so that the downhill is on our return. That way we can speed along the first half and feel better on the second.

Claudia didn't run with us again; she's injured. What an incredible drag having to worry about training and worry about not training and worry about not getting in the miles. She'll be ok, I know she's going to be smart enough to not push her healing and make certain her injuries are healed before heading out. Right? Right? She has plenty of time to train for New York.

Today's Gratuitous Bear of the Day is Cody. Several years ago I had some surgery and my sister sent me a get well bear. He's a Vermont Teddy Bear and I think he's just adorable. He's another bear who got his name from the pain meds, this time Tylenol with Codeine. He's such a cutie in his flannel robe with fuzzy slippers. It was actually payback from sis since I had sent an identical bear to her when she was sick. Such a wonderful excuse to get a cuddly bear.

As I mentioned before there will be some changes around here - big changes. Like changing the name and address of the blog. I'm hoping I can figure out how to do it without destroying all my history and links and stuff. If I disappear I'll try to send notices to everyone where I've moved. The new name is Runner Girl Knits, but I don't know whether the address will still be blogspot or not; I'm a brand new domain owner! And a technodummy! This could mean trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment