Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Right Stuff

I've been single for a long time, the majority of it quite happily. I like having nobody telling me what to do, how to do it, when to get it done (been there, done that, got the decrees). Still, there are times I'd like having that someone special. Someone who cleans up well and can go places. My search is over since I've finally found Mr. Right:Straight from his birthplace at the Vermont Teddy Bear Company is my newest bear. To quote the VTB, "He's cute, huggable, and dressed to impress. No doubt about it, this guy is Mr. Right. Wearing a satin-lined tuxedo with satin side seam stripes on the pants, a white shirt front, handkerchief, black bowtie, and boutonniere, you can't go wrong with Mr. Right." And they're absolutely correct!I wasn't planning on getting a new bear. I have a few (hundred) already, I haven't run a full marathon recently, my house is looking stuffed (literally). But this little bear is different. We all know that I'm not sparing in my admiration for the VTB. I think they have a great product and I'm fortunate enough to be able to indulge my habit of bearification in my home. I've written about their bears here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. Not to mention a few postings about waiting to receive the bears, thinking about ordering a bear and so forth. I'm a true believer (addict?) and love getting their emails every couple of weeks to see what's new and tempt myself.
But I currently wasn't in the market for a new bear. So I was surprised, honored and truly astounded when I was contacted by the VTB. It seems they've been blog-stalking following my bear adventures for some time now. And to misquote Sally Field, they like me! They really like me! And offered me my choice of a new VTB bear, if I wanted one. Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle! It took me the better part of a (work)day to decide which bear I wanted in my life. I was literally "ooh ooh, that one" and "ooh, no, that one" and "ohhh, that one!" all day. I didn't want to be greedy and get the most expensive bear, thought about getting a classic bare bear and dressing him up, considered a red bear to match my house, maybe an elegantly dressed bear, a casual bear, even a bear for a marathon I haven't run yet! But I kept coming back to the very handsome Mr. Right. He can't fix my drippy faucet, won't repair my broken fence, won't be cleaning or polishing anything in the house. He'll just sit there and look adorable, be soft and fuzzy and loved. Thank you so much, Vermont Teddy Bear Company!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, thank *you*! I'm smiling picturing you seated in front of your monitor, deliBEARating which one to get. I know the feeling. I've been here over a year, and I still occasionally get "cute attacks", overwhelmed by so many diverse personalities and flavors of Vermont Teddy Bears.

    I'm happy to have played a small part in introducing you to Mr. Right, but it looks to me like Suzy Sweetheart Bear is getting awwwwwfully chummy with him. If I were you, I'd keep an eye on her. [;-)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy Sweetheart is going to "steal" Mr.Right.

    ReplyDelete