Monday, June 23, 2008

Cough cough cough

The air today is beyond foul. Fires throughout the Bay Area have left a thick layer of smoke hanging over the valley. From my home this morning I not only couldn't see Mt. Diablo, I couldn't see the hills. Which are only blocks from my house. Before I left for the day I went back inside and closed the only open window. Hopefully when I return late tonight the inside of the house will be clear. Even the office air is bad. My eyes are watering and my lungs are sore.

And I itch. I have the Shadow Cliffs crud all over my body. I have bites on my face, my scalp, my legs and places I don't need to be discussing here. I think I even have one in my ear. Ew and yuck and gross.

Yesterday we were scheduled to run with the team for 45 minutes. Since I had "run" at the tri on Saturday and because the air was already getting smoky I decided to walk with Claudia instead. We ended up walking a little over 3 miles along the Iron Horse Trail in Danville. Turns out it was the correct decision and except for an aching back I felt pretty good afterward.

I hope the air clears up by tomorrow, I don't want to have to do any exercise outdoors in this schmootz. After last week's "recovery training" (ooops) we build again with longer, harder workouts. It would sure be nice if we could breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment