Wednesday, May 28, 2008

FO and WIP

I'm still knitting, even though it's not horribly exciting. Well, it is to me but probably not to anyone else. I finished knitting and wove in the ends of my Mistake Rib scarf. I used 1 skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Charcoal, a plush superwash wool with lovely dark shading.It was a simple, mindless 2x2 rib with 1 extra stitch (hence the "Mistake" part of it) and I enjoyed just going back and forth while I paid attention to other things. I used size 8, 16" fixed Options circulars and I love these needles. It's my first mistake rib and I like it more than a real rib. It's stretchier and softer and the detail is nicer looking.
It's short, since I only used the 1 skein but this was just a tester, remember? I knit this so I can determine whether I can tolerate the yarn on my bare skin. It's one of the tester projects that I'll be doing before I finally attempt my first sweater (ok, sweatshirt), the Wonderful Wallaby. Now I just have to wait for it to get colder out before I can test it. It's pretty darn cool out but not quite wool scarf weather.My other current project is my Keep it Simple Scarf that I'm knitting out of Tess's Designer Yarns Superwash Merino. The scarf is a 10 row repeat with 6 rows being knit. Couldn't be easier, and it's knitting up quickly when I actually have time to pick it up. I love how the colors are coming through and the yarn is soft and handles well. I could be working on this for a while; training starts this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment