Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The toob is toast

I was the only person at my office yesterday. It was quiet and I got tons of work done. I have a feeling that today the phone will be ringing off the hook and I'll spend my day making excuses for why someone can't talk with someone else. Great.

I had a very good run last night. Pam and I ran our usual short short route. The air was much cleaner than it's been, even though tree pollen is all over the place. It was the first run I've had in ages where I didn't cough up a lung afterward. In fact, I felt great afterward. I remember this! It's why I run in the first place!

When I got home after running I turned on my tv. Somehow hearing sizzle sizzle click didn't seem right. The screen, except for about 2 square inches in the lower corner, was black. Actually black in sections. Hmmm, I thought. This isn't right. The sound was fine, and it seemed to still be changing channels. I pressed buttons and combinations of buttons, turned it on and off, and still only had the little bitty picture. Then it turned itself off. I turned it on. It went off. I turned it on. It turned off. I threw the remote through the screen. Oh wait, all except for that last part. I unplugged it, plugged it into another socket. Turned it on, it went off, turned it on, it went off, I gave up. Then I sniffed and realized that it smelled ... burned. Fried. That's not good. I unplugged it immediately. I decided to move it into another room. Uh, great idea except it weighs about forty seven hundred pounds. Well, maybe not quite that much, but definitely too much for me to carry. I managed to get it off the stand, onto the floor, then it was stuck. I tried picking it up again but no luck. I tried shoving it, but that didn't work on carpet. I finally managed to waddle it through the rooms to the front of the house. Hey, it's broken; what am I going to hurt? And how in the hell am I going to get rid of this huge beast?

I have a smaller set in my exercise room, but nowhere to sit. Hey, the room's set up for activity, not lounging. I wanted to watch Heroes so I planted myself on my aerobic step. Hmmm, not too comfy, but I can lean against the wall. So there I sat, in the back of the house, on the hard plastic step, knitting away on the fingerless (but not thumbless) glove I'm making for my sis. By the end of the show my butt and back were very unhappy.

Guess what I'm buying right after work? I need a new tv for Veronica Mars tonight! And I need to have it set up before I go for my run. Any suggestions on a new tv to buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment