Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Snow on the mountain --- again

It always starts my day right to see the sun shining, Mount Diablo covered with snow, zillions of daffodils blooming along the side of the freeway, latte close at hand. It seems like there's more snow there than usual, down to lower elevations. It's in the low 40's so it'll be melting soon, but who knows, more crappy weather may be at hand! Even the two separate multi-car accidents on the freeway couldn't ruin my happy morning.

Last night we celebrated Sandy's birthday at Le Cheval in Oakland. I started with a (couple of) ginger drops, this delicious concoction of vodka, ginger syrup and lime juice. I could have sucked those down all night. Except I'd have fallen flat on my face very quickly. The food was good and we sat around chatting forever while the wait staff glared at us. Happy Birthday Sandy!

I didn't make it 2 for 2 this morning. My alarm went off early so I could get up and run. Uh, this time I re-set it for later. I guess vodka is not terribly conducive to getting up early. Bummer, but I won't be able to run tonight either because it's a Stitch 'n' Bitch night. Yay!

Today I'm starting a new feature on the blog: Gratuitous Bear of the Day. When I don't have any other picture to show I'll put in a new picture of one of my bears. Many of you know that I'm the crazy bear lady. Y'know, like a crazy cat lady; I live alone while lots of bears overrun my house. The only difference is that if I drop dead in my house, the bears won't eat my face off before someone finds me. And my house doesn't smell like bear piss. So anyhoo, I'm starting this with my first bear. I'm not sure if I'll introduce them in order of acquisition or some other way. We'll see! Yes, I'm disturbed! Yes, this will be way too cutesie! Yes, even I may decide I can't stand the feature!

That is Theodore E. Bear, aka Teddy. First bear gets the generic name. I bought him when I was in 11th grade at Southfield High School. I was supposed to be studying for a chem exam, but I didn't understand the material and was frustrated. That called for retail therapy! I brought him home and decided that I'd never need another bear. Whoopsie! (I can't remember how I did on the exam, but I passed the class.)

1 comment:

  1. OMG Amy... I'm cracking up :D I love the gratuitous bear of the day idea!!

    ReplyDelete