Friday, March 30, 2007

Magical Mystery Friday

This feels like it's been a loooong week. I guess eating well, consistent exercise, long days at work and lack of booze will do that! I'm looking forward to tonight's Magical Mystery Knitting Event at knit-one-one. I've wanted to take a class at Síle's for a while and this is my first chance. I know that Instructor Kate will be absolutely stunned by my choice of yarn colors. Yeah, no she won't. She tends to get on my case about the whole red/grey/black thing I've got going on. I actually do knit with other colors once in a while (such as my fabo silk Clapotis) but that tends to happen when I can't find a colorway in a particular yarn in "my" colors. Fine, I've embraced my red/black-ness and I'm ok with it!

Last night Pam and I ran our short short route. It was nice out; crystal clear sky with the sun setting behind the trees in glorious colors, not warm, not cold, not windy. Pam laughed at me; for some reason my brain decided since I have a diagnosis on my lungs, and I'm working to fix it, that I should be able to run with no problems. Riiiiigh
t! I couldn't figure out why I was wheezing away like normal, until I thought about it and realized that nothing has changed yet! I think I'll have to lose more than one pound before I see any difference. And all the pollen in the air will have to go away too.

Got some knitting done on Clapotis last night. I'm finally at the last section. Finally! I thought the end was in sight until I really looked at the pattern and realized that I have still seven repeats of the 12 rows. At least they're decreasing so I'll have less and less stitches as I go. I haven't been dropping all the stitches all the way down, so when I finally get done I'll have lots of dropping to do.

Today's Gratuitous Bear of the Day is Dusty. Back in the early 80's I was working in an office in San Leandro. At that point I hadn't gotten fed up to the gills (uh, that's a really strange expression -- where'd my brain pick that one up?) with door-to-door solicitors yet. A couple of people came in selling big stuffed hand puppets and I didn't bite their heads off (ok, there's another one -- "bite their heads off"?? -- ewww!). I saw the bear and it was love at first sight. I bought him and put him on the corner of my desk, where he stayed for a couple of years until we moved the office. Because of his long fur he tends to pick up dust from everywhere! It was probably the last time I let salesmen into my office, but it was the last time one tried selling me something I like!



No comments:

Post a Comment