Thursday, March 29, 2007

I started back in on Clapotis last night, figuring I could maybe get it done by summer. I had forgotten how far along I was, it's been so long since I've touched it. Apparently I had just started the third and final ball of yarn. I absolutely love this yarn (Curious Creek Isalo), love the color, love the feel, love everything about it. You can see the shading, stitch definition, the twisted stitches, the luster, yum! There is truly nothing like 100% silk. I can't remember why I put this aside; the pattern isn't hard, you just have to pay attention. It's very repetitive but I have a million stitch markers which you may be able to see in the picture to the left. That was Clapotis when it was one-third finished. The lower picture to the right shows the dropped stitches, and is two-thirds finished. At the rate this knits up it should one take me, oh, another couple of months to finish! This puppy is big, the stitches are small, and even working for a couple hours each night I don't seem to see too much progress. But this time I'm going to finish it!

Last night my legs were hurting big time and I excused myself from abusing them further. I'm torn between the workout-every-day thing and the ow-I-need-to-recover thing. For weight control there definitely has to be at least 40 minutes of heart raising cardio, but for running there has to be a night off. It's really challenging to have a good cardio workout with using your legs! At least I haven't come up with anything yet.

I did end up going to WW yesterday. They've automated everything since the last time I was there (and it's about time). Now they scan your little booklet, you step on the scale, and it spits out a sticker with your current weight, weight change, plan details, etc. Pretty nifty, huh? They've also come up with new 1 point bars. These are little snack bars (and I do mean little), like a little candy bar, and they're surprisingly filling. I was starving when I got to the meeting (no, I'm not going to eat lunch before I weight in - get real!) and after eating one I was fine until I got back to the office and my salad. I'm going to try to go to meetings at least twice monthly, but it's a pain leaving the office in the middle of the day and working late to make up for it.

I went shopping last night and filled my basket with tons of veggies, fruit, yogurt, y'know, that healthy stuff. I treated myself to sushi for dinner but made sure to honestly count the points. I surprised myself by how full I was, and how full I stayed for the rest of the night.

I skipped my latte this morning (since Safeway canceled their buy 7 get 1 free promotion) and I wonder how I'll feel in a couple of hours. I love caffeine, but when I'm fully addicted to it (which only takes about 5 days in a row) I get horrible headaches when I skip it. That's why I quit it entirely several years ago. I know that one cup a day isn't going to hurt my health, and will probably help it, but I hate feeling that I have to have it or else I'll be in pain. A large -- excuse me, venti -- latte fills me up for almost the whole morning, is only 4 points (for the non-fat version), I get part of my daily calcium, it tastes great, but I just don't want to have to do it every day. Oh, what to do, what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment