Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One day down

The first day of the rest of my diet went pretty well. And no, I'm not going to talk about it every day, it would bore even me. I decided to count Weight Watchers' points since that worked for me way back in the past. I'm going to follow the program the way it used to be since that's what I know. They tend to add and change the points on different veggies and fruits and I don't feel like re-learning a program that has worked in the past. All I have to do is actually follow the darn thing.

Our run last night got rained out. I think that it actually stopped at the exact minute we would have run, but by then we had already decided to cancel. Up until, oh, yesterday, I would have just blown off the workout and taken a freebie day, but not last night! Hi Mr. Treadmill, didja miss me? Hi Mr. Exercise Room, remember me? I was on the treadmill for almost an hour, although about 10 minutes of that was a walking warm-up and cool-down. Funny, I never do that when I'm running outside but I always do it on the 'mill. I've always set my treadmill at 2% incline and 5 mph (a 12 minute mile) but last night I ran with it flat and about 4.8. It went pretty well and I watched 3 more episodes of Sports Night. Have I mentioned recently how much I love that show??

The rain has passed for now, but it cooled off considerably - it's only in the 40's! I didn't realize that and of course dressed for the 60's. Good thing that the temp in my office has no relation to the weather outside.

My sis just sent me an email asking if I'd come to see her and run the Country Music Marathon, or the half, in Nashville on April 28th. I had considered running the half when she moved there, but in January we decided that she was too busy. So I went ahead and decided to run Avenue of the Giants the next weekend instead. I feel bad, I'd like to see her, but it just doesn't look possible now. Of course right after I sent her an email explaining why I couldn't come, I checked airfare and flights just in case!

Today's Gratuitous Bear of the Day is Bunny. He's only a few inches long, very small. I got him back about the time I was preparing for my wedding (the first one) so it was early spring, around Easter time. He was actually in a display of Easter bunnies, and kind of looks like a bunny, hence the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment