Friday, September 21, 2007

Time drain

This time it's my sister's fault. Sis and I love playing little computer games, the kind that suck you in and don't let you go. Everything from adventure games to bashing gnomes to exploding chuzzles to matching jewels. Even to throwing in a solitaire or two. I'm particularly fond of those games that I can play for 3-4 minutes while I'm on hold at work, or those that just help me zone out mentally for a while (chuzzle is a particular favorite of mine for that).

While we were in Erie my bro-in-law was telling us about a new game he and sis were playing together, which sounded strange. Games to us have been such individual pursuits. He told us they had a great time with this one, where you have to find things in a picture and find a ticket. Later sis reinforced the idea that this was a great game. But I resisted, I have enough ways to suck time out of my life.

Until last night, when I received an email from the game company that this game was on sale. So I decided to download it for the free playing time to see if I liked it. My hideously slow AT&T dsl connection takes forever to download anything and this was no exception. Finally I was able to download and start playing Mystery P.I. and yeah, there went the rest of the night. There's an hour free play and I think I have a few minutes left.

What did I do first thing when I walked into the office this morning?? Yep, I know what I'll be doing at lunch today. Thanks a lot sis!

So I didn't get a bit of knitting done last night. Didn't even get a chance to pick it up. I anticipate much more knitting this weekend since we've got a stitch n bitch on Sunday. Maybe I'll even finish something! I'd love to get the sheddy hat out of the way so I can start on another hat.

Last night Olivia joined us for our regular Thursday night run. While I appreciate the cooling trend I'm not as happy with the getting-dark-earlier trend. Probably by next week we'll need headlamps. Not because we can't see, but because at that time of dusk it's harder for the cars to see us. And since they don't pay attention to us when they can actually see us, I prefer being shiny to increase the odds of living through our run. The run went very well, faster than we were on Monday but I don't know if that was because of our speedy guest or because we timed the lights better. Probably a little of both. It's nice having another person there to expand our conversational options. We know that the accountability of showing up to run with someone is the only thing that gets our lazy asses off the couch!

I'm really looking forward to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment