Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A spoonful of sugar

Last night I was plopped on the sofa knitting and out of lethargy just let whatever was on the tube play on. Unfortunately it was the Biggest Loser, a program about people who are considerably more shameless and much much bigger than I am, competing in front of America to show their rolls of fat. Or lose weight, or something. During the commercial breaks were little factoid questions like "how many jumping jacks does it take to burn off the calories in a pint of ice cream" (they claim 8000). And "how many spoonfuls of sugar are in a can of cola". Wait, what kind of spoon? Teaspoon? Tablespoon? Gravy ladle?? And shouldn't that be "spoonsful?" Since that isn't clarified the answer is totally irrelevant. Thanks for the info, guys.

But I think I want Jillian to come train me. I'm sure I would have done more last night than abs and stretches if she'd been shouting instructions and encouragement at me. No more napping away instead of workouts, that's for sure! She wouldn't let me wuss out just because I had my toenails removed! Heh.

The knitting I was doing while the tv droned away in the background was on my mom's not-Noro hat. I had a little incident with the yarn; I had in it a zip carrying case so I could knit while I was waiting at my allergy doctor's office. The red mohair got caught in the zipper and what a mess that made. I finally ended up cutting off a couple of feet of the yarn and ripping it through the zip. Didn't get a whole lot of knitting done in the office after that, but I got more done at home. I'm not sure I really like how the yarn is striping, but the hat is coming out soft and fluffy so it'll be ok.

Have you been over to see the San Diego Zoo's newest baby panda? Their panda cam can eat up hours of your time while you watch the mama play with her tiny little girl cub. Or watch the baby rolling around in the den. Or read the panda blog. Cuuuuute!

No comments:

Post a Comment