Monday, March 19, 2007

What time zone is this?

I'm back from Virginia Beach and my body is totally confused as to what day and time it is. I hadn't quite made the transition to daylight savings time before going to eastern daylight time for the weekend. Even though I got up at 3 am edt today to get to the airport for our flight, and even though it's about 7:30 pm pdt now, I'm not tired. Uh oh. I hope to sleep well. Sometime in the next few days!

A short review of the weekend is
Friday: got up early, flew to Norfolk with Sandy, drove to Virginia Beach, met Heather at the hotel, went to the expo, had a late dinner, went to bed.
Saturday: got up early, ran the 8k with Sandy and Heather, managed to keep up with them, had brunch, Heather left, Sandy and I went back to the expo to return Petra's chip and buy running tights, went to dinner, went to bed.
Sunday: got up early (but not too early since the race didn't start until 8 am), ran the marathon, finished in 5:49:06 chip time which thrilled the bejeebers out of me (while Sandy kicked ass, finishing just over 5 hours), lazed around the hotel, went to dinner, packed, went to bed.
Monday: got up early (this is a trend), flew home, unpacked, did laundry, sorted out newspapers, mail and my 460 emails, decided to spend time updating here.

Did you notice something missing? Yeah, I never made it to any of the yarn shops in the area. I had a list and directions to 4, but the only time we could have gone was Saturday afternoon and we ran out of time! Noooooo!!!! Good thing I bought so much at Stitches.

I'll add details throughout the week, with a long race report (hey, you saw how long I was out there, you should have to spend a lot of time reading about it!) and pictures. Yay pictures! But probably not tomorrow because at work I'll have to, well, work!

No comments:

Post a Comment