Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Hold it!

I'm sitting in my office, 12 minutes on hold in a call to a newspaper journal whose name is a famous New York street (don't want to be dropping names here, y'know). They inexplicably stopped our delivery, so I resumed it via their on-line forms. This morning I received an email confirming that they have stopped our delivery per my request. Whaa?? I could be on this phone a long, long time.

Last night was a good, warm run with Pam. We ran our short short route and realized we were both overdressed, even though we were wearing less than we have been. I was feeling pretty good, and even though my legs were fatigued from Sunday's run we made decent time. Nobody tried to run us over at the horrible crossing. It's nice that next week at least part of our run will be while it's light out. I LOVE daylight savings time!

Today's GBotD is Theodolinda (oh shut up. I was still working the whole "teddy" angle here. Like I'm the first to name a girly teddy bear this way). I was given Theodol while I was in living in the dorm at UofM, by a friend. Actually, it was my boyfriend's roommate. He was giving away his 2 childhood bears; one to me and one to Carol (yes, Carol of the poppppppies -- hi Carol!). Even then, before my obsession -- er, fascination -- with bears, I just didn't get how someone could give away their own bear. Doug did take one last liberty and tried to give Theodol a big black belly button with a magic marker. I was able to wash most of it off, but she still has a faint remnant. She's the last bear I have from when I lived in Michigan; my real obsession -- I mean, interest -- began in California.

I didn't get any knitting done last night. I'm flummoxed by the mistake in the center rib of my scarf, way back many rows. I don't want to frog 4 inches but I'm not sure I want the scarf with the error, even though it's on the "back". Maybe I'll deal with it tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Theodolinda...wasn't Doug's girlfriend's name Linda?
    Amy, I don't have any memory of this, at all.

    BTW, this is Carol, not anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What better way to send your love across the miles than a Valentines Day Care Package? This delightful red gift box includes a delightful teddy bears, Hershey Kisses and an assortment of valentines chocolates.

    ReplyDelete