Thursday, March 8, 2007

Slow down

I didn't have to tell myself that this morning, it happened all by itself. I went to get a latte and for once there was no line. There was also nobody making drinks. The barrista (who made up that word, anyway?) finally made my latte and gave it to me. It was cold. Now, I don't like steaming hot drinks. I don't even like them less than steaming hot. But this was barely above lukewarm. So I waited while he made another one, this one hot. Thank you!

I got on the freeway and there was what looked like normal (heavy) morning traffic. Well, if that was what's passing as the new normal I'm going to have to find a new way to drive to work. Oh wait, there isn't one. It took me, literally, 20 minutes to go 3 miles. When it's that slow I really hope there's an accident causing it, but today it was just too damn many cars and trucks! From where I get the latte to my office is about 11 miles. This morning it took me over 45 minutes to drive that distance. Hell, I could RUN that in 2 hours! Grrr. Way to start the morning off.

I didn't run last night and my legs are feeling much better for it. An easy run tonight should be fine, and tomorrow night will be another night off. I'm hoping that a 2 week taper will be enough for full recovery by race time. If not, oh well. I'll finish it anyway, just slower.

I got a lot of knitting done on my scarf last night while I was watching Brothers and Sisters. Unfortunately I was really watching it and not paying as much attention to the knitting as I should have. I did one cable backwards, this time on the front so I had to rip back 2 repeats (6 row each). Then I had to get it back on the needles. I'm knitting it on 6's, using my Denise needles. I tried picking up the stitches on 5's and couldn't do it, I kept dropping more. So I got my KnitPicks double points in 1 and that worked fine. I ended up with very little done, but at least I fixed the mistake. I've gotta start paying more attention to what I'm knitting! Either that or only knit things I can felt so you can't see the mistakes.

The GBotD today is Cubbins. He looks a little strange because he's a puppet. No legs. He's usually stuffed with a sock to give him some body. He was given to me by a college friend who came and stayed with me for a while, not long after I moved into my first apartment in Oakland.

No comments:

Post a Comment