Thursday, March 22, 2007

Special project

We had an emergency stitch 'n' bitch at my house last night. We're working on a special project for a very special person. No, I'm not telling. Nope, it's a secret and I don't want to give it away. There was some serious swatching going on and it's funny how differently people will knit the same thing. I thought that I knit tightly, but not so much compared to Claudia and Raji.

Using the excuse of the marathon I decided that pizza would be perfect to feed to everyone. And since I haven't gotten nearly my fill of Zachary's since they opened in the 'hood I got a half-baked stuffed spinach & mushroom. Yummy! We managed to eat our way through most of a medium, but I have one slice left for dinner tonight. We also had the requisite shrimp, salad, fruit, veggies, wine. No dessert! Too many of us are either on Weight Watchers or pretending to be so the pizza was the worst of the night. And the best!

I'm feeling almost totally recovered from the race. My legs feel normal, my ankles aren't the least bit swollen. The only thing is -- ok, after writing about bloody pee I decided that was way too much information and erased it! Let's just say my lower back is sore and leave it at that. It'll probably go away in a couple of days. I'm looking forward to another short run tonight, and getting back into training for the Ave.

Today's Gratuitous Bear of the Day is Sasha. He's another classic Steiff bear and ..... ok, where was I? I just got sidetracked at their website looking at their new (grossly overpriced) bears. Anyway, I got Sasha at a little shop across the street from the San Francisco Zoo. I don't think it's there now, probably been gone for decades. Shithead and I had gone to the zoo together for the first time and just wandered into the shop. I, of course, zeroed in on the bears (and this was way before my bearaddiction started to flourish). I talked him into buying the bear for me, a lovely souvenir of our first zoo visit. This was before we got married, while he was still being nice to me. And long before either of us could really afford the Steiff. I'm happy to have Sasha because he's so pretty!

Oh hey, I just had to edit this to add that today is my 27th nonniverary! In 1980 (when many of you were either not born yet or still in diapers), on a beautiful spring day in Oakland, I married who I thought was the love of my life. Sheesh, hormones. They'll get you into trouble every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment