Thursday, October 16, 2008

Whether I feel like it or not

I envisioned this week being a total wash when it came to any kind of healthy workout. Going into the City 2 nights, staying up late, recovering the next day. Now that it's dark in the morning I don't want to get out of bed, even if I'm awake. Last night I made a bargain with myself that I could do nothing Wednesday night, but I'd have to get up and do something today. Knowing full well how hard it would be to live up to that part of the bargain.

My alarm went off an hour early today and I had to pause a moment to try to figure out where I was, what day it was and why I had set the alarm for so early. I slapped the snooze and prepared to sleep for another hour. Then I dragged myself out of bed and put on the exercise clothes I had set out the night before. Everything was ready, everything was convenient to shuffle to my exercise room and do something.

I decided that rather than treadmill or exercycle I'd do one of my millions of tapes, specifically a lower body workout. This time I also made myself do the entire workout. Heck, even if my legs and butt are sore afterward I have until Sunday for them to feel better so go for it. I did the whole tape, stretched and then did my back exercises. Judging from my balance and wobbling I think I'll have to start doing some of the exercises I had for my knee too; my left side feels like a wet dishrag.

Maybe this is a start of a new trend, getting up early. Maybe it isn't, but at least it worked for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment