Friday, November 16, 2007

Yay Friday

I'm ready for the weekend, are you? My house has been screaming at me to clean parts, straighten others, do some more yard work, get rid of piles of things. I'm looking forward to a long run on Saturday with the gang and sleeping in on Sunday.

I'm also looking forward to just sitting on my butt and knitting for hours on end. Ok, maybe just hour on end, since my hand is still sore and stiffens up quickly. Last night I finished the bottom of the Temescal Bag and I'm ready to start moving up the striped body. I'm a little annoyed with the yarn. Not intrinsically, but since I'm double-stranding I need to rewind the bitty balls so they don't twist while knitting. I'm using KnitPicks Wool of the Andes worsted weight (and follow those links at your peril, the holiday shopping season is at hand!) which I love to knit but the way they're wound makes it impossible to use the outside strand and the inside strand without causing a horrific tangle. And since they're only 110 yards that involves a hecka lot of winding.

Pam wasn't able to run last night so I wasn't looking forward to another night of trying to convince myself to move while ensconced on the sofa. Luckily Sandy wanted to run so she sat in traffic for a very long time and met me out at Danville. We did a slightly longer version of the short short run, going just over 4 miles. I felt bad that she ended up driving more than we ran but I wasn't really in the mood to go longer than that. Hey, it's dark out! As it was, my light started to fade as we were running along the darkest part of the trail. My new head lamp is crappier than I thought; I'm going to have to change the batteries in my old lamp and start using that instead.

Ok, I have to go back and look at KnitPicks website and see what kind of trouble I can get into! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment