Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lucky charms

Yesterday's dust storm has settled in my throat. I feel a cold coming on and I just don't have time for it now! I think I'll have to rearrange my schedule so I can make sure to get my allergy shots today and maybe I can head off the worst of this cold-like allergy attack. Fingers crossed!

Last night's buddy run was the first really warm evening run of the season. Shades of things to come, but last night I was taking it easy. Mileage-wise anyway. I only went about 3 miles but I ran them fast and hard. My breathing sucked (thank you office dust) but I turned the music up and just pushed on. I felt good and tired afterward. It was a good taper run, quality instead of quantity. I'm hoping the extra heat will dry up any puddles that the bugs are breeding in because I got tired of wiping the little kamikaze buggers off my sweaty face and spitting them out of my mouth. In unison: ewww!

I'm going to miss my Tuesday night TnT buddy run. I know, I run them alone now but there's something about meeting people that makes it a serious commitment instead of a casual by-myself run. And I know there are other people out there who would have questions if they saw my car at the end and I wasn't there. I'm going to have to find some way to convince myself that I need to run every Tuesday or Wednesday, even though I'm not meeting anyone. The extra weekly run makes a difference in how I feel, how I look and how I run. At least while it's still light out I can run alone, I just have to convince myself to get my ass out there and do it.

Since last night was the season and series finale of Veronica Mars (bye VM, this was a wonderful show the first season, a good show the second, and still better than most the third season. I'll miss ya!) I decided to take a night off slogging on my neverending superlong wrap. Instead I got a lot knit on my multidirectional diagonal scarf since I needed something mindless and easy. It's coming along nicely and looks good. The Noro is showing its typical schlubs and knots and lumps and weirdness but that's giving the scarf "character." I think I'm going to use one more skein for length but I'm not quite sure yet.

Today's Gratuitous Bear of the Day is the last of the Safeway charm bears. This one is Ms. Success. The second picture here shows the whole group sitting together bestowing luck on my dining room. I didn't realize how crooked the picture is until just now. I also didn't realize I had cut off the top. Good thing I don't make my living as a photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment