Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Don't fence me in

My recovery continues well. Yesterday I was all about the ouch and owie but today my legs are just a bit weary. We'll see how they feel after sitting at my desk all day. I have to remember to get up and stretch.

I got home on Monday and as I was going to the mailbox I noticed there were lots of branches and twigs all over my front lawn. I have an ailing Sycamore that doesn't fare well in windstorms so I figured that we must have had a lot of blowing. I was hoping that the tree wasn't just losing branches because of Monday's heat. I finished unloading my car (geez, I take a lot of crap with me when I got to races) and started glancing through the pile of mail. On top was a folded piece of paper with a letter from my neighbor who lives behind me. He said that the fence between our yards had fallen down on Saturday and he'd be out of town until late Tuesday, but he'd try to fix it on Wednesday. Unless, that is, I'd rather call a professional and pay to have it fixed or replaced. Uh, let's see. Spend time researching and calling fence companies, or do nothing and let the neighbor try to fix it. Yup, I'm taking the do nothing approach. I hope he can fix it, it's creepy knowing that anyone can see right into my house. Especially now with the heat, when I keep my back slider open for a breeze.

I decided to go to last night's buddy run to see if moving would help make my legs feel better. I thought I'd have to walk and I didn't want to push it too much. It seemed like everyone at the run (all 5 of us) was in some sort of pain. Great, the week before their long run and they're all hurting. I ran with the group to where we stretch but that was all the run I had in me. I ended up walking almost 3 miles and felt much better than when I started. Except for my toes. I think during the race there was a wrinkle in my sock underneath my big toe and it feels bruised. There's no blister, just very tender skin. Walking didn't help it at all.

I had a mostly knitless weekend. I had taken my multidirectional diagonal scarf in case I had time. I knit for a while on Saturday before the pasta party but that was about it. After the victory party I was too exhausted to think about what I was doing and I knew I'd just end up frogging anything I knit. After the run -- er, walk -- last night I spent some time on my neverending superlong wrap. I'm getting so tired of it. I need to knit something else with some instant gratification. And some bright colors. But first I must ... finish ... wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment