Friday, June 8, 2007

Off the needles

The neverending superlong wrap from hell is Off the Needles! Yay! I knit several rows last night and I finally decided that enough is enough, it's sixty two billion inches long, I'm sick and tired of it. So I did the border and bound off. Actually, it's only about 95 inches. Yes, you read that correctly. But I think that blocking it will make it several inches shorter. I still need to weave in all the ends, of which there are plenty. And I have to figure out how and where to block the thing. I could probably use a couple (a few?) (many?) towels on the floor and pin it that way. I'm not sure if I'll wash it or just spritz it with water. I'm thinking delicate wash because then some of the loose short alpaca hairs may drift away. And clog up my drain. Maybe spritzing is the way to go. Any suggestions? This baby is so long it'll take forever if I go slowly.

I had a pretty good run last night with Pam, our short short route. It was nice getting back to it, although at first my legs were doing some complaining. Here I thought they were all better from the marathon. And they were, until I asked them to run. It took a while to warm up but I enjoyed being outside and moving again. It's so strange that it's completely light outside after we're done. It doesn't feel like June running since it's still pretty cool outside. That'll change soon, I'm sure.

Now that my TnT buddy runs are over with for the season I've arranged to run on Wednesday nights with Claudia and Olivia. The only problem is that they're both faster than I am so it'll be challenging for them to slow down and me to speed up. Claudia suggested that I get healy's. Oh well, it'll be their slow, easy run for the week and my speed work. Having the commitment to meet someone is the important part, that way we all have to be there.

Busy weekend ahead, but I'll finish the race report and post it. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment