Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Uh oh, it's official now

While I was off on my little attempt in Nashville to race again, Claudia took our registration forms and signed us up for summer season of Team in Training. Yep, there's now no backing out of the fact that on September 13, 2008 I will officially complete my first Olympic length triathlon at the Triathlon at Pacific Grove. Holy schmoley, what have I gotten myself into now??

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is still my favorite nonprofit organization and worthy of all my time and efforts at fundraising. It won't be easy this time, I've committed to raising $3,500 for the cause. I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone -- as much "comfort" as a marathon can be -- and I'm alternately thrilled and terrified of both the training and the fundraising.

Now I just need a healthy left knee and a gazillion generous donors and I'll be all set! Country Music Half Marathon report coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment