Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Green light

Last night I ran with Pam on our old short short route in Danville. It felt just like old times - if by old times I mean my knee hurt and my asthma was bad. Despite that, I had a great time. We kept it slow, although just how slow I'm uncertain since I forgot to wear a watch. D'oh! It's not like I've never done this before, right? We kept it at my talking pace and slowed down every time I started gasping. I'm counting it as a good run since I'm hoping from now on they're all good runs. It was great being able to catch up on the past several months.

My therapist this morning gave me the go-ahead to do the race on Saturday. Yippee! I was very honest about the pain I'm still having but he thinks that since I did 8 miles on Saturday I'll be able to do the half without causing any damage. He still thinks I'll be able to build up the muscles so that the imbalance, and pain, will go away. I'm not as certain. It's been 10 weeks on physical therapy with me doing the exercises daily, and although there's some improvement there is still significant pain when I run and afterward.

But who cares; I can run (or walk) the half! Just don't tell Coach.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you and Pam had a nice run last night :D YOU BE CAREFUL though at the half marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BE CAREFUL YOUNG LADY! No doing more damage to the knee. I'm happy you'll be able to do the race though, I know you've been wanting to run so bad (or walk :o) ). Have a great time. oh and BE CAREFUL! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you will get to run again. Just listen to reason! You really do know what's best.

    Have a blast with your sis.

    ReplyDelete