Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Better news on the PT front

This morning I had what I thought was my last physical therapy appointment. I found out that since I've only been going once weekly I have another 5 appointments to go. Yay! I was feeling deserted thinking I'd have to continue this on my own.

I haven't had much chance to do my legsercises, let alone any other real activity, since my mom arrived. I managed many hours of dancing in heels on Saturday night but I don't think that's a good substitute (although hecka more fun). I've stayed up late the past 2 nights legsercising so that I wouldn't have to lie to my therapist. Heh. I didn't want to get yelled at. I've still been having constant dull aching in my knee but I haven't had shooting pains, so that's an improvement.

My therapist pared down my legsercises, deleting some and adding others. When I said that my race was in 2-1/2 weeks and I didn't know if I'd be able to do it, he shook his head. I said I was thinking of running 6 miles and walking the last 7 and he didn't seem to think that was a bad idea. I'm not positive he thought it would be a good idea but since he didn't say no I'm assuming I can proceed.

I'm going to try to run 5-6 miles on Saturday, taking my time and not hurting myself. After that I'm planning on a 20-ish mile bike ride. Just because I'm trying to catch up for all the time off. On Sunday if my knee is still cooperating I'll run or walk Brenda Donato's Rainbow 5k Fun Run or Walk. This is in memory of a woman I wish I had known and is benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, via Brian Kinion's Man of the Year Campaign. A good cause and a good reason to get out there.

Since they seem to be effective I'll continue the legsercises, even if it means staying up late or getting up early. I really would like to run distances again. Soon. And even more I'd like to stop getting up so early! I am NOT a morning person.

Except for those 3:45 am wake-ups for marathons. Those I'll tolerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment