Thursday, September 27, 2007

Must .... Knit .... More .... Hats ....

Last night I finished my Point Lobos Hat. The one I started at Sunday's Stitch 'n' Bitch at Lindy's. I love starting and finishing a project with such a quick turnaround. The yarn used is Malabrigo worsted in Paris Night. It's a hard color to identify; it's sort of deep night-sky blue, with some paler blue, with some almost-but-not-quite black. Very pretty, very much me. Because it's so dark it's hard to see the hat detail in the pictures. Not to mention the delicate shading in the yarn. Take my word, it's very pretty.

I like my hats a little bigger so I think next time I'll use size 8 needles, see how that works out. I'm thinking it'll be perfect. I have a million colors of Malabrigo worsted that I think would really grace this pattern. I'm trying to tell myself not to start the next one quite yet; I'd like one as a traveling hat for Portland. This is a secret so don't tell anyone, but the people who normally get a Hanukkah gift from me will probably get one of these.

This pattern seemed to hardly use any yarn at all. I bet I could get another identical hat out of the same skein. I'd try it, but I don't have a second one and I'd be pretty annoyed at myself if I got halfway done and ran out. Maybe I'll do a simple, short-cuffed fingerless mitt with the rest of it. Hmmm. I'll have to look at some patterns.

Olivia and I had a good run last night. Despite my useless protests that I was going to run very slowly because of the heat and being tired and whine whine, I averaged exactly 12 minute miles. After saying I wouldn't go any faster than 12:30's. I don't know what it is about running on the Iron Horse Trail that makes me run too fast. Oh well, this way we finished a few minutes earlier. Giving me more time to go home and knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment