Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's really not Thursday?

This week, for some reason, is confusing the heck outta me. Yesterday I was convinced, convinced, that it was Wednesday. Today I'm carrying on the trend and can't remember that it's not Thursday. I'm not sure if it's because I was going to take Friday off of work and now I'm not, or whether it's because I'm a tad stressed these days.

Friday was going to be my go to Stitches day since Saturday I'll be on a bike all day and Sunday I'll be celebrating my mom's birthday with her all day. I was going to spend just a couple of hours yarn gazing (and buying), targeting toward some yarn I've been coveting since last year. But then I found out that I'll have to leave work early on Monday for a dentist appointment, and I'll have to take off the entire day on Tuesday (next Tuesday, which will really be Tuesday) to take my mom in for some minor surgery. Then the next week I'll be taking off Friday to drive to Solvang (so soon!) and the following Monday to recover from the ride. I'm very torn about missing Stitches. On the one hand I have enough yarn to last me my entire life; on the other hand you can never have too much stash. Those of you going, have fun!

This morning I had a lovely drive to work. It was lightly drizzling directly overhead with the sun shining from the east and low clouds floating through the hills on the west. The hills are finally green with lots of yellow mustard and they sparkled with the rain and the sun. Rainbows appeared here and there as the clouds moved. I had a lot a time to admire the scenery since people in California have no idea how to drive in anything except clear, dry conditions. My commute took twice the normal time today. Oh! And I saw an egret on the hillside! That bird was seriously lost.

I still haven't figured out what to do about my television service. I'll write a long post about it when it's resolved, but despite a very nice email from a Comcast representative, and despite calls with two other representatives (one of whom put me on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up and now won't return my calls) and lots of additional time on-line, I'm still uncertain of my path. I don't particularly want to put holes in my roof for a dish, so that returns me to the cable monopoly. Yes, I've thought of just disconnecting entirely, but I like watching local news and there are a few programs I still follow. Oh, what to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment