Thursday, December 18, 2008

Maybe it's the holidays

Or maybe it's just that I'm feeling lethargic and lazy and the darkness and cold are already getting me down. My energy level is just about enough to go to work and come home. Nothing left for running, cycling, cross training. That's going to change.

I've talked before about how I can't wait until I feel like it, can't wait for the motivating factor. I just need to drag myself through the cold outside (or the cold inside, for that matter) and run. I'm becoming a weekend warrior and that isn't going to work with a Century on the schedule.

This weekend I'm planning on riding the 3 Bears on Saturday, running 8 miles on Sunday, spending time with family and friends and pretending to myself that exercise is a habit. Pretend that I don't mind being cold, that I'm a good self-starter. Monday I'll continue with cycling, Tuesday with running, Wednesday with cross training, Thursday with a run or a ride. That's the plan!

I had a great time with my family in Nashville. It was fun running in a new area, seeing local neighborhoods on one run and a very pretty trail on the other. We did some shopping, some eating, some shivering, lots of talking and enjoyed spending time together. It's very hard every time I realize that my sister will never live close to me. That she will always live across the country and only during vacations can we be together.

Back when we were little girls, yelling and fighting and pulling hair, I never thought my sister would be the most important person in my life. Our mother used to tell us to be nice, that we'd need each other when we got older, and we'd laugh at her. Then fight some more. It doesn't happen much these days, but back then my mom knew what she was talking about. I miss my sister.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time with your sister and a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss sis! I wish she would move closer to me.

    ReplyDelete