Monday, January 7, 2008

Jumping back in, but carefully

It's time to get back to it, refocus, get healthy. No more spending every night snoozing on the sofa, knitting my fingers away while my butt gets bigger and more sedentary. Time to pick some events, time to watch what I'm shoving in my mouth, time to take care of me instead of taking care of the whiny little brat inside of me.

I'm actually looking forward to this. Well, a little. As easy as it is to let everything go and pay little or no attention to my health, my body is happier with good food and exercise. I don't sleep as well when I'm exercising (and what's up with that?) but I still feel fresher when I get up and even better after some working out.

It's just that this is a poor time for my knee to be acting up. I'm afraid to do a bunch of stuff right off the bat (including running) but I don't know how to do the whole healthy-lifestyle thingie without doing things that may hurt it. I'll just have to play it by ear. Maybe even start swimming sooner than I'd anticipated. Eww.

So what have I done during my time of sloth off? I've read a lot, watched bad television, slept, eaten everything that sounds vaguely good. I knit a couple of scarves, a couple of hats for friends (well, almost; the second will be done any day now), The one-ball lace scarf that I started in 2006 is off the needles and just needs blocking. I haven't been taking pictures because I've been busy doing nothing, but I'll get back to that when the light is better (heh, good excuse, huh?).

The days are getting (slowly) longer and it's time to turn things around! No More Whining!

Oh wait, that's someone else's blog. I always whine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment