Thursday, June 7, 2007

Race recovery

I'm feeling better today, it must be Thursday. I'm seeing a pattern to my race recovery now that I've done so many of them. Let's say the race is Sunday morning and isn't a super hilly or canted course. On race afternoon I'm tired (or exhausted) and a little sore, a little stiff. Monday morning I'm pretty stiff, a little more sore. Monday afternoon my quads and IT bands are starting to stiffen more and are starting to hurt a lot. Tuesday I'm usually hurting even sitting, walking down stairs is hard, sitting for too long makes it really tough to move again. By Wednesday walking down stairs is still hard, my lower back is sore, but otherwise I feel ok. Once Thursday rolls around I'm feeling normal, except for maybe lower energy than usual. I can run Thursday night as long as I don't expect any great performance out of my body.

I'm still trying to catch up on things at home and at work. I'm not sure how things pile up so much in such a short time. This weekend should be a good time to get my home and yard in order but I think it'll be the middle of the month before I catch up at work.

I'm working on the race report but since it was a TnT and travel weekend it may take longer than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment