Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Late again

I didn't get around to posting this morning because two SUV's on the freeway decided to have a close encounter and my 15 minute commute took me 50. I didn't mind while it was happening, which was a good thing since there wasn't squat I could do about it. I just drove 1-2 mph, stuck between a couple of big rigs, listening to KFOG and sipping my latte. I tried to be relaxed and didn't glance at the clock or my watch until I was finally off the freeway. I was actually shocked that I'd been sitting there for so long.

I forced my sleepy ass out of bed early this morning so I could do my workout tape. I hit the snooze button once but knew I couldn't do it again and still have time for exercise. I sleepily jammed my contacts in my half-open eyes, put on workout clothes, dragged over to the other room, popped in the tape and did the whole thing. I think I had a good workout and about mid-way through felt awake enough to know what I was really doing. Having done it 3 weeks in a row now my legs don't hurt. But morning workouts before work just leave me feeling a step behind all day.

Last night Olivia and I met for a run. Since Pam is still out of town and Olivia and Claudia can't run tonight we rescheduled. We met in Danville and I showed her the short short route that Pam and I usually run. My guess was that it was 3.2 miles; her Garmin (mine hasn't arrived yet) said it was 3.16. Pretty good. We ran a little too hard and were both out of breath and tired at a couple of points along the way. I tried to slow it down but my legs are still doing that thing where they're faster than my lungs can do.

I think I finished the body of the Temescal Bag. I ended up un-knitting out a couple of rows because I didn't like how the stripe worked and the join looked too sloppy even for felting. I have to recount the rows but I think it's ready for Saturday's class and learning how to do the straps. I'm looking forward to seeing a finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment