Friday, April 13, 2007

Very superstitious

Happy Friday the 13th! Don't walk under any ladders, don't spill the salt, don't let a black cat cross your path, don't break a mirror.

Wednesday night at my house we finished our secret knitting project. It was a prayer/hope blanket for Brenda, our team's honoree and friend to many. Instead of my going through the whole story, read what Claudia had to say about it, look at her pictures, and learn about Brenda. Each of us knit one panel and Cindy sewed them together. We were thrilled with the results; the sum of the parts greatly exceeded their value separately. It was a very intense, emotional experience for us all. I feel honored to have been included in this group.

Pam and I had a good run last night. Yeah, we just ran the short short version since I was pretty tired from Wednesday's knit night. And the 5 bottles of wine we consumed. The run went well though.

Last night I FINALLY finished the knitted part of Clapotis! Yippee! Hurrah! Yee haa! And so forth. I was surprised how much yarn is left over, but I don't think it'll be enough for another project. I still have a lot of work to do though. I have to drop the rest of the stitches and weave in all the ends. Somehow. In the top picture you can see the little bundles on the sides. Those are the ends to weave in. I gathered them into those bundles so they didn't fray or get in the way. Normally I'd have woven them in as I knit but with the drop stitches I couldn't do that. The next time I post a picture it will be totally done. That should be some time next week. Then I can move on to another WIP.

This is going to be a full weekend. Saturday is a TnT Coaches run. I'm just going to do a few miles to warm up my legs. Sunday is our long run for Avenue of the Giants; the gang is going to run with us as Bree and I slog out our 20. Sunday night some of us are going out to celebrate. Full report on Monday! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment