Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Don't run me over please

Spring is apparently back. Again. Some more. I'm pretty sure we're not done with winter yet, but it's nice to have warm (not hot) sunny breezy days. Even with the late rains the hills are browning out. There's still some brave mustard blooming above the dead grasses, but this is the end of it.

I had a great run with Pam last night. We did our usual short short run. It was one of those nights where it seems people really were trying to kill us. Jerks squeeling around corners, morons screetching up to lights, loose dogs, etc. Lots of adrenaline made for a faster than normal run. At the last stretch I sped up, more or less unconsciously, and Pam asked me if we were sprinting. Not yet, just running fast. Then I started the sprint. The first few steps were great, then a twinge in my knee. Another twinge. I slowed down a tad, felt ok, sped up again, another twinge. Sprint officially over. No more speed work until after the marathon. My knee's fine, caught it in time. That's why I don't go to track!

Today's Gratuitous Bear of the Day is Val. I have a hard time in stores during the Valentine's Day shopping season because of all the bears on the shelves. Not only that, but there are also lots of red bears. If I have a weakness for bears I have a severe weakness for red ones! Several years ago I saw Val and she just stood out from the crowd of stuffies on the shelf. [Note: I didn't know they were called stuffies until my then 8 year old nephew called them that. Cute name.] Val just jumped in my basket while I wasn't looking so I had to take her home. Sigh. It's an addiction. I may need a 12-step program. Only I'd probably make it a 12-bear program so it wouldn't work!

No comments:

Post a Comment