Monday, February 26, 2007

Miles of yarn


There was some beautiful yarn happening at Stitches West on Friday! I would have taken pictures of all the different things that tempted me but there was a big sign stating that photographs were not allowed. Spoil sports! You'll just have to imagine aisle after aisle after booth loaded with the most scrumptious yarns imaginable. The picture shows what made it home with me. The pile of blue is 100% silk and is the softest sleekest stuff, deep luster, just gorgeous. The pictures don't do it justice. Since I have no idea at all what I'm going to make with it, I got 2 skeins. $$$ indeed! I think whatever I make will be worthwhile. I can't wait to figure something out and start knitting it.

The 2 skeins of red are alpaca. I've never seen 100% alpaca in this true a red. It's fluffy and soft. I got 2 skeins of Socks that Rock, although I've never knitted a sock in my life. I'm not sure if I'll save them until I learn socks or figure out something else. And hey, one of them is green! How adventuresome of me! I bought 6 skeins of Malabrigo, just because. Well, they're either colors I haven't seen before or colors I'm replacing. When I went to knit the hat for my bro-in-law I realized that all the colors I had were pretty girly. Not anymore! Throw in some Noro Silk Garden, just because it was so cheap. I may sell half of it to Anita, who said she'd like it.

We spent over 5 hours walking up and down the aisles, fondling yarn, waiting in line to purchase yarn, touching more yarn, ooohing and ahhhing over other yarn, admiring or scoffing at knit products being worn by other attendees, cuddling yarn, smelling yarn, agonizing over yarn. We were exhausted afterward. But in a good way!

I can't wait for Stitches Mid-West!

No comments:

Post a Comment