Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fingerless but not thumbless

I knit another pair of fingerless gloves for my sister. She had asked that I make the next pair smaller, longer, and with a thumb. Hmmm. I had Malabrigo left over from from her hat so I decided to make gloves that matched. I used a smaller size needle, thinking that would make the gloves smaller. Well, not so much. They're a little smaller but it's hard to tell the difference.

The thumb part was new to me; I've never knit gloves and the only thumbs were the half thumbs in the pattern. I figured hey, just keep knitting until it's long enough, maybe knit a couple together to narrow the tip, then just finish it. It worked! I like one thumb better than the other, but they're pretty cute. I thought the gloves would be longer, maybe to the second knuckle, but that didn't happen. Just as well, I had all of 6 inches of yarn left when I finished the second glove.

I didn't get my run in last night; the rain never let up and I was too lazy to run on the treadmill. I sorta made up for it this morning by using the (booorrrrring) exercycle for a while before work. Ok, it wasn't for long enough but the fact that I actually got out of bed and did it before work slightly impressed me. Then again, I'm easy to impress!

No comments:

Post a Comment