Friday, January 23, 2009

Wet weekend, wet ride?

My paranoia factor for riding is high. Throw in some wet pavement, pouring rain, rookie riders and the lightweight bike and that factor increases by leaps and bounds. Even if the experienced riders on the team hadn't been kissing the ground on a regular basis, I'd worry about all of us newbies.

We're scheduled for a 65-ish mile ride tomorrow and I'm hoping that we get to complete it. I'm hoping that we get to start it! It's another Mill Valley ride but I won't get lost this time; I'm carpooling with Bree. The drive over will take about 2 hours from my house (including transferring my bike to her car) and that's not even thinking about the drive back when there will be traffic. I hope that it's not too hazy because it should be very pretty once we get over there.

I know we need the rain (I'm tired of washing my face with cold water and my brownish lawn would like water). But can't it just rain on Sunday through Friday? I'm experienced with running in the rain but cycling? Cross your fingers for drier weather!

3 comments:

  1. And I thought it was exciting to see two cows mating during the Stowe Marathon...

    By the way I found your blog today, I'll be running Vermont City for TNT this May. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so envious; we wanted to run Vermont this year but couldn't train for it while we're training for the century. We'll be running it next year, so make sure you report back on the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping for no rain as well. My ride is WAY shorter than yours, but I think don't want to get caught in the rain at all. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will stay clear for your ride. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete