Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Winter's last gasp. Again.

In a place with four real seasons today would be a typical spring day. In California it's more like a winter day. Rain, heavy at times, windy and cool. At least I got to turn off the sprinkler system. And the pollen will be damped down for the day too. We never used to get rain here in April; the hills normally turn brown during a hot spell in March. I'm hoping this isn't like last year when it rained into June. Or maybe that's the new normal and I'll just have to get used to it.

I had an ok run last night, before the weather turned. It was buddy run night so of course I was running alone. Oh, boo hoo me. Suck it up and run. Yeah, I wasn't really in the mood so I just ran a little over 3 miles. This time I remembered the foot part of the Nike+ thingamabobber. I guess it calibrates differently for running and walking because in the 3.26 miles I ran it said I went 3.39. That's a pretty big difference on such a sort run. I know the mileage from the Park Service maps and I'm thinking that it's much more correct than the Nike+. It was fun seeing the (sorta) miles I had run, the (sorta) speed I was going and the (sorta) calories burned. I enjoyed the music and was better able to regulate my speed than last week.

I'm getting so damn close to finishing Clapotis I can taste it. With the knitting part I only have 2 short sets of rows to go. Then I have to finish dropping all the stitches and weave in all the ends. I still haven't quite figured out the weaving part and I may have to go see Song at Article Pract's help night. Normally I would have just woven them in as I knit along but I couldn't do that because of the dropped stitches. I can't believe that I'm actually going to finish this project soon.

Today's Gratuitous Bear of the Day is Maggie. She's the other bear I got when I bought Winnie. After I received them I needed names that went with their former home and finally decided on Margaret and Winston. Much too lofty for little bears so they got nicknames.

No comments:

Post a Comment