Thursday, April 19, 2007

I only whine for half of this

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day. Today? Not so much. Overcast, cold, windy, blah. Being a creature of the sun this is depressing to me. I just want to crawl back into bed and throw the covers over my head and stay there all day. Whine whine whine.

I didn't get much done yesterday in the way of exercise. I managed to do about a million crunches but blew off the rest of the cross training I had planned. My stomach was still having issues, I was tired and I wussed out. Again, whine whine whine.

I went to weigh-in yesterday and, surprise surprise, I gained a little (tiny) bit of weight. Ounces, actually. I'm not sure if it was the long run upsetting my system, the PF Chang's dinner, the upset stomach, the lack of extra exercises, the excess wine last Wednesday or what. You'd think that if I run for 4-1/2 hours I'd lose something, but noooo. Fooey. Three weeks and already I'm not losing anything. Once more for good effect, whine whine ...

Ahem. Now we return to our normally cheery portion of this blog.

I got a lot of knitting done last night on my super-long wrap. I'm finally back to where I was before ripping out that large section. I didn't remember it being such a big part, I guess I wiped it out of my memory so that i wouldn't just throw the whole thing into a corner and ignore it. Oh wait, that's exactly what I did with it. I love the softness of the yarn but the little alpaca hairs are getting everywhere. I should get used to it, I think it'll take me a while to finish. All the time I'll be thinking of that lovely blue silk on my shelf, waiting for inspiration. Meanwhile I made a little flip card for the wrap so I can remember which row I'm knitting. My normal knitting/sitting spot isn't light enough for me to see the stitches closely enough to be able to tell, and I don't want to have to move and find somewhere brighter to sit. Maybe I really need a knitting light for over the sofa.

I'm getting confused about my Gratuitous Bears of the Day; I haven't been keeping a list and I'm not sure who has graced these pages already -- and I have so many I don't need to start repeats this soon. I initially was going to put them in acquisition order but then I started forgetting when I got them all. Today's BGotD is Penny. I got her at a Harry & David's in Pennsylvania while visiting my sis (before she moved to Nashville). She's a big, soft, squishy bear, much prettier than her picture shows. In case you saw them in the stores, she's the larger version of a multi-sized bear. The incredibly huggable one!

No comments:

Post a Comment