Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving thanks

This past year has been a tough one for me, my family, and many of my friends. Two years ago, then again last year, I posted a list of things for which I'm thankful. Despite the year of hardships, I still give thanks for so many of the same things. The list is repeated, with some changes for 2009:

I am thankful for:

Mom, Mom sane and healthy, Mom knowing who and where she is
Sue (and of course Tracy)
Ron Carol Mac
My other family who I don't see often
My dear friend Ellen
My oldest friend Carol who came to visit me a couple of weeks ago
My running friends (and those who walk, too)
My knitting friends (even those who have put down the needles)
My running and knitting friends
My friends who used to run with me and have moved to other states but still stay in contact
My friends who don't knit or run with me
My health and physical capabilities (and modern pharmaceuticals to keep it that way)
My job
My home
My bears (of which there seem to be more every month year)
My yarn and needles
My abundant stuff
The gorgeous area where I live
The trails and open spaces where I can run in beautiful surroundings
Sunny warm days, cool nights
Candy, popcorn and wine for dinner
Waking after actually having been asleep
The ability to do almost anything I want, anywhere, at any time
The knowledge that I am whole, complete, and mostly content

I hope you have as many things that make you thankful, and that you have a happy, safe Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment