Friday, January 9, 2009

Achoo be gone

I'm attempting that whole visualization thing in preparation for the weekend. I'm hoping that if I visualize being healthy I won't be sneezing, coughing and wheezing during our 50 mile (!!!) bike ride tomorrow morning. I think this cold has been around long enough that I should be healthy. "I feel fine" "I feel healthy" "I feel great" and so on.

No matter the weather, or how I'm feeling, I will be completing that ride. I haven't managed any cross-training (or any direct training, for that matter) since the weekend because I didn't feel well enough. But this will be a real ride, a real team training event, and I intend to be there. I've proven in the past that my stubbornness is stronger than my instinct for self-preservation so I know I'll be finishing every mile that I'm supposed to ride, however I'm feeling toward the end.

I'm hoping for warmer than freezing weather, light or no wind, easy hills. I'm very much afraid that none of those will be at the ride tomorrow. Too bad because 50 miler here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment