Thursday, February 14, 2008

Therapy update

Ouchie, it hurts. My therapist warned me that my knee might get more sore before it started feeling better. He was right. The ultrasound feels good, deep down good. The active release feels bad, deep down bad. My leg felt bruised from Monday afternoon's session and it feels very sore after yesterday's session. I have pretty high hopes that this will not only cure the problem, it will make me better than I started.

I've been faithfully performing my stretches and exercises at home. I told the therapist that it was going to be hard fitting them in twice daily since they take about 45 minutes. He told me to try to find the time, then added 3 more. Yikes!

To fit in the PT and doctor appointments I've been getting up and going to work early, staying late. That hasn't been as hard as it could be since I'm going through another sleepless phase. Yawn. I'm tired most of the time. I'd probably fall on my face if I tried to run so it's a good thing he told me not to try running yet. But I'm allowed a walk this weekend. I'm supposed to stop before it starts hurting but I'm not quite sure how to do that. I'm hoping to get at least a couple of miles in.
Enjoy today's jewelry/chocolate/flower industries holiday!

1 comment: