Friday, August 31, 2007

Yes we did

I know that everyone is just clamoring to know whether we ran last night in the hot hot hot. Heh. Of course you are. Yes, Pam and I ran. Yes, it was hot. Yes, we were slow. Yes, we ran a shorter route than we normally do. Yes, we didn't enjoy it. Yes, we were glad to be done!

When I arrived at our meeting place it was 95 degrees out. Yikes. So we only ran 2.2 miles, very slowly, taking a couple of walk breaks so we could drink more. The air was really bad. I kept wondering where all the oxygen was. That, more than the heat, affected my running. Funny how lungs and muscles really need oxygen to function well.

Yesterday's forecast called for possible thunderstorms (!?) in the afternoon but the sky was clear as can be when we ran. Brown and tan, but clear. Eww. This morning there are bunches of clouds around but the sun is shining brightly and it's already hot. It did rain on my way in: as we crept along on the freeway at 30 mph a drop splattered on my windshield. Then another. Then another and another and another and another and another and another and another until there were about a hundred big fat droplets of water and then another and then it stopped. So much for the rain. Hopefully the lightning will keep away and not burn up the Bay Area.

I didn't knit at all last night, although I stared and stared at the Temescal Bag and the yarn I have left, trying to decided how I'll pattern the straps. I made no decisions. I'll have to stare more tonight or maybe even just start knitting and figure it out as I go.

The Gratuitous Bear of the Day is another twofer. One of the things sis and I used to do when I'd visit her is go shopping at various and assorted cute little shops. We'd go to the outlet shops, or Smicksburg, or just some cute little local shops near her home. Of course we'd check out any teddy bears and one year I started a trend of buying us both matching bears. How cuuuuute. [Hush. I know we're strange. Shut it!] This first year I saw two little lady bears, with their hats and bows and flowers. We each got a set to commemorate sisterhood. They never got their own names and became our first set of Sister Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment