Monday, March 8, 2010

Twenty years later

[Note: I wrote this two weeks ago and never realized that I didn't post it. D'oh!]

Last Monday was a big milestone for me. It was 20 years to the day that I started a new job. New boss, new responsibilities, new co-workers (and new paycheck). Back then I was a 35 year old, married, non-running, non-knitting, very lonely smoker. My new job ended up being one of the best thing that's happened to me.

At times hectic, at times boring, sometimes repetitive and often instructive, it's really been several jobs working for the same person as the company changed around us. I've spent more time with my boss and co-workers than than anyone else in my life. These people have seen me though divorce, death and marathons. They've become good friends, my family away from family. We've had tough times at work and some personality conflicts but like a functional family we've resolved any problems and moved on.

Twenty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment