Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Long hours and short nights

This week I decided to try to see what it would be like getting up early in the morning to exercise, then going to work, then exercising again at night. My physical therapist insists that I complete my legsercises twice daily which is almost impossible to do; right now they take way over an hour to complete the set, and that's ignoring my right leg completely.

Monday morning I arose early and did my squats tape. The doctor had said not to do squats but then the therapist added them in so I figured wtf. I've been doing this tape for many many years and am very careful with form and it's never seemed to bother my knee. It's a great workout and I've missed it. After finishing I did abs and then about 3/4 of a legs workout, leaving out also the stretches. I worked late (again) and when I got home I did the 30 minutes on the treadmill thing (repeats of 2 minute walk, 8 minute run), then did a full set of the legsercises and stretches. It was 8:30 pm when I finished up and I was exhausted.

I decided that rather than start preparing my taxes I'd rather finish up my beaded silk stole. I only had the bind off row to do but since it was well over 200 stitches I knew it would take a while. I had been knitting it with size 11 needles and decided to try to get a looser edge than I normally do. I tend to bind off tightly and it looks bad on a loose project. I switched the needle to a 13 and I think that did the trick. It took a long time but the stole is off the needles now. I didn't even look at it because it was so late. I need to weave in the ends then it's done! I'm hoping it doesn't need blocking; I'm not in a silk-blocking mood and I want to wear it in less than 2 weeks.

I didn't make it out of bed early enough today for the morning workout. Instead I hit the snooze button a couple of times, then got to work early. I'm hoping to get a set of legsercises done before swimming tonight. Tomorrow I'll try again for the twice a day workout. Sleep? Who needs sleep??

No comments:

Post a Comment