Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Over the (Cider) Moon

Move over Malabrigo, I have a new favorite yarn. [That doesn't mean I won't, some day, knit up the bazillion skeins of Malabrigo that I have, so don't ask me to give it to you!] During her trip to the Knitter's Connection in Columbus last month Petra discovered Cider Moon, a small mid-west company with incredible hand dyed yarn. Petra let me know last week that they were having a sale on their Glacier yarn; 100% superwash merino wool. She told me their Cherry Bomb colorway was made just for me. Reds and blacks, yep, that's my yarn. I decided I'd buy one skein and see how I liked it.

One skein, five skeins; who's counting? I bought 2 of the Cherry Bomb, 1 Cayenne, 1 Siberia and 1 Jackie O. When they're out of a yarn that colorway disappears from the website. The yarn arrived within a couple of days of the order. Fast fast fast and what yummy yarn. Soft, non-itchy, and beautiful colors, even better than on the website. I couldn't wait to get home and start knitting it up.

Here I was with about 3 inches of knitting and the finishing left on the Temescal Bag and what did I do? Wound a skein of the Cherry Bomb and started knitting the chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson (which happens to be on sale right now at that link). I've never done that, rushed right home and started a new project the minute I got the yarn. The pattern calls for 2 different skeins, and the other chevron scarf I'm in the middle of using KPPPM actually has 3 skeins, but this time I'm using only the Cherry Bomb. I love this stuff and it's going to look great when I finish it.

Ok, last night I put aside the new scarf and finished the work on the Temescal Bag. This thing is huge! All I need to do now is felt it and it's ready to go. For me this was a quick project. I like how the colors have turned out, even the straps which used up way more yarn than I'd thought.

Pam and I had a good run last night. It was cool, probably low 70's, with a light breeze. Funny, a couple of months ago we would have said low 70's was hot. A week of 100+ degrees will change perspective so quickly! We did our short short route. My legs were tired and my heart rate was pretty high, not sure what's up with that. The trail right where we run is supposed to be closing soon for some work so we'll have to decide whether to run the old route that we used to run (and which is longer and has a hill) or whether to run somewhere else. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment