Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Damn the weather, full speed ahead

I keep telling myself that I'm resigned to the fact that my first running of the Napa Valley Marathon will involve rain, wind, cold and plenty of obscenities. I repeat to myself that I've run freezing marathons (several of them in fact), rainy marathons (Erie), windy marathons (Shamrock), hilly marathons (lots of those too). I remind myself that I'm well trained and perfectly capable of running fast enough to make the 6 hour cut-off. Then I finally decide that it doesn't matter, I paid my money and I'm running this thing unless the earth opens up and swallows me first.

Whatever happens, it's sure to be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. wunderground forecast is for rain showers, which is not that bad..could be flat out rain. The wind will be a slight headwind.

    This is almost exactly the same weather I had there for my first marathon...

    In the end it was just fine ..as you already know...

    ..plus they have hot showers and warm foods at the finish... (And massages!)

    Enjoy your run from Callistoga to Napa!

    ReplyDelete